Monday, April 26, 2010

2 Beauty Questions: How to make straight hair & makeup last?

Ok, so I have two dilemmas. First of all, when I straighten my hair it never STAYS straight. I use hairspray, but the ends go wavy within a couple hours. Sometimes I'll use ';smoothing milk'; or something by Garnier Fructis or this L'oreal straightening cream on damp hair before, but I see no difference. Any tips or products? Would getting my hair cut and getting my ends thinned out make any difference?





Also, my makeup seems to melt off. I don't mind my face makeup fading as much as my eye makeup. My eyeliner seems to smudge. It's black but always ends up a soft gray and doesn't look like I'm wearing anything. Same with my eyeshadow, it fades too.





Please, suggestions!2 Beauty Questions: How to make straight hair %26amp; makeup last?
with the hair, mine used to be the same way until i found an amazing hair straightener. i now have a chi which was quite pricey, but i got it as a gift. it works miracles!! my hair stays straight, shiny, and never becomes poofy when standing outside all day. i went to a concert in 90 degree humid weather and was outside for 7 hours and my hair still looked great! so, to sum it up buy a chi straightener!





also, the eyeliner you own could have something to do with it. my mac eyeliner seems to fade during the day. i got a hypoallergenic eyeliner by Bourjois and it is fabulous. i apply it on my water line and it stays throughout the school day, so for about 7-8 hrs!





hope i helped :)2 Beauty Questions: How to make straight hair %26amp; makeup last?
You might want to consider a more expensive eyeliner if it's cheap, but if that's not the case, use your an eyeshadow primer for that and the eyeshadow. It should work. If you settle on an all-over primer then I guess it'll work for the eyes as well as the rest of your face.





I'm thinking you should try those products AFTER your hair dries. And then straighten.
hm. im not so sure about your hair. maybe its just the climate you live in? like humid? i cant help you out on that..





but with makeup, try buying a waterproof eyeliner. the oil from your skin probably causes the makeup to run. or you can invest in some better makeup. mac and sephora offer makeup that last thru out the whole day. theyre a bit pricey, but well worth it :] and for eyeshadow- i feel your pain. mine always ends up in the crease of my eye. but i think using a basecoat will definately help with that. glcuk!
Why don't you try rebonding your hair instead?That way you wont have to worry much about hair ';cracking up';.Or, you can try using straightening shampoo and conditioner,which are designed to keep hair straight.Keep your hair long as the weight of longer hair helps keep it straight.Also,get a good quality straightening iron.Mist both the topside and underside of your hair with hairspray to set your hair.





Alternatively, try a home remedy to keep hair straight. Mix equal parts fresh, grated coconut and lime juice. Massage the mixture into your hair and let it sit for approximately 20 minutes. Rinse the mixture out and straighten your hair as you normally would. The coconut and lime concoction will coat hair shafts, resulting in straighter hair.





Now for your second issue.Before putting on makeup,make sure to wash your face and make sure it is oil and dirt free.This will help the makeup stay on your face.Then,use a good foundation or primer.Do not put on too much product cause this will cause the makeup to slide off your face.As for the eyeliner,dust loose powder around your eyes if you are only using eyeliner,otherwise just put on your eyeshadow and use a waterproof, creamy and highly pigmented pencil to line your eyes.Afterwards, draw over with a liquid eyeliner(i know its a chore for beginners,but you've gotta start somewhere right?).





Use loose powder to set your makeup,and make oil-blotters your best friend.But do not blot too often though!I hope this helps!
  • lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment