Saturday, December 26, 2009

Any makeup tricks? help!?

I don't like my nose that much, I think its kinda big for my face. So does any one know any makeup tricks for eyes that would take the attention off my nose. Nothing too dramatic.


And please don't tell me things about being confident, because I am. I just dont think my nose is one of my better features, and i think my eyes are really pretty and I want to show them off more.


So thank you.Any makeup tricks? help!?
You sound like a very pretty blond girl. With blond hair and blue eyes , I would use a light blue shadow over the upper center of the eye spreading outward to the corner. I would then use a dk blue eyeliner pencil to line the upper lid. This will make your blue eyes pop. Go with a high lighter down the center of the nose and a little darker on the sides of nose to make nose appear thinner. Draw attention to your eyes and hair to take away the nose that you don't like. You might also wear a light pink lip gloss on your lips to make this all come together. try this --I think it will work--BTW I am so glad that you are confident --this makes you always look prettier.Any makeup tricks? help!?
i have a slightly larger nose as well...





to make Ur eyes stand out, put eyeliner (doesn't have to be black) as close as possible to the eye [on the pink part] this will make Ur eyes stand out and be more noticeable. also wear some pink or purple eye shadow on ur top lid---this makes ALL eye colors stand out.
Hmm if you want to make your nose appear smaller, dust some highlighter on the center of it. That will downplay it. It depends on your eye color if you want to bring out your eyes. If you have brown eyes use purple eyeshadow, hazel eyes use green, blue eyes use brown. Put on some eye shadow, line your upper eyelashes only, bringing the eyeliner out towards the outer corner of your eye. Next, take a darker shade of eyeshadow and use it on the outer corner of your eyes. Apply a few coats of black mascara on top and bottom lashes and there you go!
I'm not sure of any makeup tricks for your eyes that would draw attention away from your eyes. I do know that you don't want to do cat eyes, where the color from the shadow or liner comes down on the inside of your eyes (down to your nose). I have heard that you can highlight your nose so that it looks thinner. Use a lighter shade of highlighter or powder and brush it down the center of your nose, use a darker shade on either side of your nose to make your nose appear thinner.
Try contouring your nose. Check out any of Kevyn Aucoin's books from the library (Making Faces is a good one) there are step by step directions on how to do this.





Basically you want to sweep a face powder a couple of shades darker along the sides of your nose. This will cause the sides to ';recede';. You can then apply a face powder a shade or so lighter than your skintone along the bridge of your nose. This will create the optical illusion of a smaller nose.





It takes some practice though because you don't want either color to be obvious. Go lightly and blend.





As for colors for your eyes. Blue eyes pop with colors like bronze and purples. Try a pretty shimmery bronze on your eyelid topped with black liner. Or mix in a plum eyeshadow with some copper. I really like MAC Trax eyeshadow for this. It is a complex enough color it blends well with a lot of things and will help you play up your eyes.
My sister has a some what big nose. On her wedding day the lady that did her make-up told her how to make it look smaller. she said to put a bronzer on starting at the end of her eye brow and work down the sides of her nose. It really worked for her at least. hope that helps.


good luck
play up your eyes ..... or your mouth.......and use blush only play up one focus point at a time or you might look painted....... eyes work wonders perfect eyes look great

No comments:

Post a Comment