Tuesday, December 22, 2009

18 but I look 14... any makeup tricks out there I should try?

I'm going off to college soon and it's a little upsetting to be told that I ';don't look old enough to start college.'; Some guy yesterday even said that I looked 13. Once people talk to me they assume that I'm in my 20s since I'm mature, but I obviously don't give a great first impression.





I'm 5'0, blonde hair down to the small of my back, baby face, 86 lbs (so obviously no chest). Usually I'll wear foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss, but it doesn't seem to help. I wear a lot of polo shirts and jeans/capris so it can't be my clothes or my lack of maturity. What can I do to look my age?18 but I look 14... any makeup tricks out there I should try?
I would suggest heels, and wear kinda, corporate (collared blouses, pencil skirts, Lots of black and white) but funky, Mix it up with splashes of bright color, scarves are good. Perhaps wear sum blush to give some definition to your cheekbones which will make you look a bit older. Hope I helped. And visit a hairdresser and ask them for a cut to make you look a bit older, see what they recommend.18 but I look 14... any makeup tricks out there I should try?
Same position... basically ';I'm riding out the storm.';


Waiting those 5 or 10 years where we will be GLAD to look younger than our age. Report Abuse

You'll appreciate baby face when everyone starts looking really old in a few years and you look young so those table will eventually turn, enjoy and appreciate and you are really cute - guys may be turned on that you look younger but you're legal, I know it's sick and twisted and well it's human too.


Boobs are a pain, I prefer smaller sporty and you can always go wonder bra, they have much softer ones now that you can't tell and looks really nice to balance out a shape.


Makeup, you can look really professionally done with something I recommend for ultra natural look www.christinacosmetics.com
Hun, You don't look that young! I would of guessed at least 17. You are gorgeous. But if you want to look older, then I understand. I love your make-up, it looks really good... just try different eyeshadow. Try darker colors on the eyelid and lighter colors above. If you are willing to get a haircut, try to get layers in toward your face, but don't cut it short-- I, myself, think that looks childish. Instead of polos, try something different, like fitted Tee shirts. Goodness, it could be worse! Good luck... and don't sweat it!! =]
I know where you're coming from. I'm 21 and I look like I'm around fifteen. I blend in well around high school kids. Bartenders have laughed in my face and threatened to call my parents... not a fun place to be in. Just make sure to always maintain your poise when you go out. You really don't look that young. The experience of college will only add to your maturity. People will always be put off by people who look young, but hey, when we're 40 and we look 30, we'll be loving it and they'll just be jealous! :)
I don't think you look that young, but I would suggest NOT overdoing your makeup because that will make you look 13.
If i were you I'd be glad, I'm 21 and it makes me happy when people ask me if already finished high school lol. Anyways don't try to put toooo much make up either because that's what some high school girls do a lot, and when you look at them, they look like Barbie dolls. Try not to use pony tails that much in your hair, dress serious colors like white, black, beige, high heel helps a lot since you said you are 5'0, and for the chest part, don't worry about it, thanks God we have Victoria's Secret, try the Angel collection ';Secret Embrace';, it worked for me. Hope that helped you.
maybe you should cut your hair


like, shoulder length


it helped me
um wow you're right lol you're kinda like me except im 5'2 5'3 i weigh 85 lbs. i have a lil lil bit of boobs :( dont you hate having no boobs? i look 13 but thats because i am 13 lol ok try darker makeup and put more on your eye but dont use black that kinda like racoon eye. like wear darker eyeshadow and wear a darker colored lipstick like a pinkish color i dont know something that kinda dark that you like and also wear pushup or padded bras, and shirts that will make your chest look bigger.
You're really pretty! I can imagine that's annoying, but I can't think what you can change about that. A shorter haircut with layers would make you look older (Not really short but shorter). You could even try lowlights in your hair. Polo shirts and jeans are kind of younger looking clothes, I think. You could try dressing a little more sophisticated. But otherwise, just embrace it! There are much worse things than that.
you look like a teenager, try wearing black eyeshadow and dark colors! I look older than I am (it works for me)
I don't think you look that young, but wear heels and more sophisticated clothes.
if you want your chest to look bigger wear high neck tops, as low neck ones just highlight what isnt there. also wear tops with busy patterns not solid, block colours. it might pay if you dont wear too much makeup because that never looks nice.


Remember, if your 18 and look 12 when your 40 you'll look 34!
I don't think you look that young, but I suffer from the same problem (Not being thin and tiny, I just have a baby face)


Don't wear a lot of makeup, just go for the natural look, if you wear to much, people will think you are young and just trying to look older. Try the natural look, just enough to cover any blemishes, not saying you have any.
wear darker makeup is all the advice I can give you.
you dont look that young to me but wearing darker eyeshadow on bottom and lighter on top should help and buy shirts that emphasize your chest if that helps.. try watching the style channel because they have alot of makeovers like this and try going to stylenetwork.com
1] switch from polos to fitted Ts in assorted colors and textures. Polos do tend to make you look younger, at least off the tennis court or golf course.


2] get some great fitting jeans, and a several pairs of great slacks. Capris and jeans also subtract years.


3] invest in some skirts from above knee to 1/2 way up the thigh.


4] Add cute ballet flats, wedges, or peeptoes. Avoid unisex shoes like tennis shoes.


5] get a great handbag [ again, nothing a younger person would get ] and avoid the backpack if you can. Try a messenger bag instead [ bring your back pack to college anyway ].


6] Consider a new hairstyle. Don't wear little girl styleslike pigtails or multiple braids.


P.S. you are really pretty, and I don't think you look 14; maybe 16-17?
honestly you don't loook THAT young..
I am 17, and I have always been told that I look older than I am. But I think that is because weight wise, I am a lot bigger than you and I got to 5'3 a lot sooner and just...well stopped growing. Anyway, my best advice for you is...





If you are not attached to your hair, cut it shorter. Not like boy short, but to your shoulders or just above your shoulders...Shorter hair makes people look older -- or so I and several people I know think. Another suggestion I have for you is to make sure that your make up is heavy or maybe not heavy, but visible. For instance, in my senior pictures, my makeup (other than my eyeliner) is very light and I look younger...but now I have this addiction to black/glittery eyeshadow, black eyeliner and mascara and nude lipstick and to me, it makes me look older...





I am not an expert or anything, but by my opinion, these are a couple of things that might help you look older.
it is the height and because i think u put on a lot of make up

No comments:

Post a Comment