Friday, January 8, 2010

Should the “Miss Universe” beauty pageant ban makeup, hair dye and beast implants?

The culture of beauty pageants has always been based on the Barbie mentality. The 18 to 25 year old contestants are required to wear expensive evening gowns and spend money on makeup, makeup artists, manicures, pedicures, skin treatments and expensive hair care. Many of the girls change their hair color and almost all of them wear fake eyelashes. A few of the girls are beautiful without makeup but many beauty pageant girls are average looking at best and must have makeup to look good. If hair coloring and breast implants where banned from the Miss Universe pageant and no makeup was allowed during the swimsuit segment the world could what the girls really look like. The girls could wear makeup during the evening gown segment only. What do you think? Does the world deserve to see the girls naturally so we can accurately judge who the most beautiful girl really is? Should the “Miss Universe” beauty pageant ban makeup, hair dye and beast implants?
i agree. there should be no makeup allowed during the swimsuit segment (who wears full powder, false eyelashes, blush, etc to go swimming?). Should the “Miss Universe” beauty pageant ban makeup, hair dye and beast implants?
that is a fantastic idea. finally someone with some substance.
hahaa what a great idea!
I think implants shouldn't be allowed, but as far as makeup and hair dye goes, I'm not overly concerned. Some makeup is necessary for a pageant... if someone were to go onstage with no makeup at all, the stage lights would wash her out horribly, and she would end up looking far less pretty than she really is. People dye their hair all the time, and some for good reason... I'm 20 years old, I have black hair, and since I was in my early teens my hair has been slowly going white. I'd be laughed off the stage if I showed up with white hair at this age. I think some natural makeup is fine and necessary, but I would like to see the competition move away from plastic surgery and fakeness. Also, while many people laugh at this idea, Miss Universe is not only about beauty. I'm not going to lie and say that it isn't mostly about beauty-- it is-- but they wouldn't do an interview question if it were all about beauty. (And that question really does matter, it isn't just fluff... think Miss Teen USA '07 and one of the answers we heard there, or some of the crazy answers we've gotten at Universe when some contestants chose to go without a translator. You can't say those answers didn't hurt most of them.) Personality and confidence are very important as well. Hope this helps!
I agree.


My daughter is a teen, and recently for the 2nd time we competed in Miss Tennessee Teen Pageant. The first time we went, I thought they wanted the teens to be natural, and my daughter and I did just that. But once there, we were out of place, because they are just as made up as the Miss Universe pageant. It was ridiculous. This year, well, she was just as made up. I hated to give in, but it is a dream of hers. She is naturally very beautiful, and possibly one of the most beautiful there, but you are correct, a majority of the girls there, without there makeup, were very average looking. I will say the girl that one was naturally very pretty, I was happy that she won. Because she did put on alot of make-up, but I seen her without, and she looked better without the glitz.
If a female wants to use all or any means to get noticed (within reason) why should she not ber able to do so... That being said, how many shows, and events have you seen and been to, where a woman gets a COMPLETE make over, and the final result (s) is that she looks completely different, and why so.... All due to make up and proper usage of same..


That's the trouble with ';modern'; women today.. A good percentage of them don';t wear make up - don't want to, and therefore don't know HOW TO..


And the same holds true for apparel..


Many get up out of bed, wash their face, run a comb thru their ';mane';. put on a pair of ';ratty'; jeans and a tee shirt, and flip flops, and head out the door with the though in mind ';Damned I look good';...!!!


NO !!!!! You look awful... But do they care..? Nine times out of ten, their thoughts and attitude is ';What more do you want from me, I'm dressed and I'm here..';


Whatever happened to women looking and dressing like women..


Hell, I'm a transvestite, and I'll tell you, I wear better clothes than a lot of g/g s I see ';strutting'; around





Rachelle In High Heels
  • lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment